Saturday, June 8, 2013

Our thoughts on Kendall Grey's 'Strings'

The author has a really nice warning at the beginning of her book- FOR THE LOVE OF GOD- TAKE THIS WARNING SERIOUSLY BEFORE READING!!!

WARNING: STRINGS is not suitable for slut shamers, uptight stone throwers, Holier-Than-Thou prudes, humorless virgins, persons with chronic neck or back pain, pearl-clutching bitties, those who disparage crude humor or vulgarity in their many forms, closed-minded people with sticks up their asses, or anyone under the age of 18. The vile, base language and shocking, unholy sexual acts contained herein are not condoned by anyone with a lick of sense and should certainly not be reproduced without proper training and protection. The potty-mouthed and perpetually horny "heroine" (the term is used loosely) of this book does not resemble a normal, well-adjusted, or remotely believable person in any way, shape, or form. The author acknowledges that the characters in this book are shallow and two-dimensional; the plot is both ridiculous and insipid. She makes no apologies for any of it.

If you are prepared going in, you will most likely enjoy this book. If you don’t have a certain sense of humor and can’t take some really nasty, dirty talk- YOU WILL NOT LIKE THIS BOOK!!! I can’t reiterate enough that you really need to take this warning seriously!!! If you don’t mind the raunchy, crude humor it is a pretty fun and awesome read!

Okay, now onto the review :D

My name is Letty Dillinger, and I was born to rock your face off.

Letty is the lead singer/bassist for the band Cherry Buzz Float. She is a hilariously dirty talking rocker chick. It’s her 25th birthday. She is working a crap job, trying to make ends meet. All she wants in life is to play music. For her band to make it big. She is at a local bar, having a few birthdays drink and bitching about life in general when she catches the attention of a pretty hot guy... He is wearing sunglasses so naturally she calls him ‘Shades’. She tells Shades...
“All I want for my birthday is to get fucked unconscious with no strings attached.”

and his reply...
“What a coincidence. I’ve got a big dick, a bar tab, and the local cab company’s number on speed dial.”

So it begins. Shade’s takes Letty to a fancy hotel, after stopping at a store to get sex toys, lube, and condoms and they have a night to remember. I will leave it at that... Letty sneaks out before Shades wakes up. No strings attached.

Letty meets her manager that day and finds out the group is going on tour- opening for a rock band called Killer Dixon. Their lead singer is a rich kid who is fronting the money for the tour. Even though the bands are rivals, and Letty’s guitarist Kate hates Killer Dixon, they can’t pass up the opportunity. You can imagine Letty’s shock when she meets the new lead singer for Killer Dixon- Todd Armstrong... aka- Shades. All she knows is that Kate can’t know about their hookup. She would cancel the tour. Making it big is all Letty has dreamed about and she won’t miss her one big shot.
Sweet Baby Jeebus, if you’ll have mercy on me and not let Kate find out what I did with Shades, I won’t masturbate in confessional anymore, I swear. Amen.

In front of everyone, Shades and Letty act cool... they don’t know each other, but behind closed doors, in bunks, up against the tour bus (with another dude) and in the strip club bathroom they have no problem being together... they are seriously horny little devils. There is a ton of anal play, dirty talk, and a m/f/m scene. It's not all sex though. After a while, the strings start to form... feelings start to change between the two.
Shades is no longer some guy I love fucking. He’s some guy I fucking love.

When I first finished this book, I didn’t know what to think. I was kind of like ‘WTF did I just read???’ I have to say, I love Kendall Grey as an author. I have read all of her books, and they have all been great and super steamy. But this was just in a whole different ball park! There were many lol moments, at times I didn’t know if I was turned on or grossed out, and I just still don’t know what to think about it... I enjoyed it though! If you are looking for a quick, nasty read with a ton of sex, humor, and dirty talk this one is your next book! If you can’t handle this type of humor, you should probably skip it! I will most definitely be reading the next installment.

We give it 4 Cooter Squirting Stars! ;D



Slap my bare ass and call me sassy.

3 comments:

BBU - Coming Soon