Tuesday, July 9, 2013

*ARC review of Left Drowning by Jessica Park*

Left DrowningLeft Drowning by Jessica Park
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


5 beautiful, heart-wrenching stars!!


Jessica Park has a huge fan for life. I actually heard of Left Drowning by Jessica's facebook page, she was upset over some of the reviews that had come through so of course when I saw it was available on Netgalley to request, I hit that magic button to request it. When I got the email from Net Galley telling me my request was approved, I moved all other books to the side so I could start it. And just let me say, I am so glad I did!!

The dedication alone was beautiful:

This book is for everyone who has survived. You are not broken. You can love and be loved, despite what may feel like the eternally brutal nature of the world. Even when you're drowning and so far under, there is always time to reach for someone who will teach you how to breathe again.

 photo LeftDrowning2.jpg

The story starts off with Blythe, who is at a point in her life where she is "left drowning". She isn't really living, she is surviving, but just barely. Then enters Sabin, the flamboyant, wise cracking, life of the party, lovable guy. He sets a spark off in Blythe that she hadn't felt for a long time, which causes her to do something she hadn't done since she has been in college. She goes to the lake, and this is where we are introduced to Christopher, and I instantly knew that I was going to love this one.

We find out soon, that Sabin turns out to be Chris' brother and then we are introduced to the rest of the Shepherd siblings. I love how close all of them are, and how they take Blythe into their family circle is so heart warming.

Chris and Blythe have this connection but Chris seems intent on fighting it. And Blythe is happy to stay put as long as he stays in her life. "Some people believe in God; I believe in Chris"

As Chris and Blythe's relationship goes to the next level, we get to see them fall in love, but we also see Chris start to pull away. He helped Blythe deal with her demons of the past, but he has no desire to look back and deal with his. "That part of my life is over. I will not look back." This is where my heart broke. Yes it fucking broke! When you finally get the whole story, you will be in tears, just to warn you.

Blythe and Christophers story is one you will want to read. This is going in my favorites shelf, and I want to scream to the rooftops for everyone to read it. Which I will on release day, which happens to be very soon, July 16th. I am putting the link for pre-order with my review, and I suggest you pre-order this title so it's ready to read as soon as its available.

http://www.amazon.com/Left-Drowning-e...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon