Friday, October 4, 2013

LOVE AND LISTS by Tara Sivec 4.5/5 stars!


Love and Lists (Chocoholics, #1)Love and Lists by Tara Sivec
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


4.5 FUNNY stars!


   photo c1fe5799-ba90-4bb8-b775-ea352b5854a9_zps3695c2a9.jpg


Have you read the Chocolate Lovers series by Tara Sivec? Seduction and Snacks, Futures and Frosting, Troubles and Treats... first things first. If you are wanting a good laugh, you have to read them. Some of the funniest books I’ve ever read. EVER! In the Chocolate Lovers series, we meet little Gavin. Claire and Carter’s five year old bundle of joy. Gavin is one of the very best parts of that series. Seriously the most hilarious kid ever. As an adult, he is just as funny. Gavin is now twenty five years old. He’s working with the family business. This is his story...

   photo f4be93ec-9839-4109-9820-990576398832_zpsc836232a.jpg


Gavin has been in love with his best friend, Charlotte for a long time now. They are close. They talk constantly, spend all their free time together. The problem? Charlotte has a boyfriend. And it’s not Gavin. Gavin only wants to be with Charlotte. To the point that if he can’t have her, he doesn’t want to be with anyone else. He is in love with her, and super attracted to her of course.
 
I’m like a fucking dog in heat when it comes to her. My poor penis wants to hump her leg and she just wants to be friends. I feel bad for my penis. He’s had a rough life. I love my penis and he’s totally getting the shaft. Ha! See what I did there?



One of the new characters introduced, Gavin’s buddy Tyler has an idea. A list. They will create a list that will get Charlotte to notice Gavin. To want to be with Gavin. The list is pretty comical. Things are constantly back firing. Gavin has kept the fact that he is in love with Charlotte under wraps for sometime. Now Gavin’s parents (Carter and Claire), Charlottes parents (Jim and Liz), and Uncle Drew and Aunt Jenny know. They want to weight in... give some advice. Drew and Jenny are some of my favorite characters. They are just too funny!

  Drew-
 
“Want to know what the ten erogenous zones on a woman are? Number one: vagina. Number two: it doesn’t fucking matter if you’re touching her vagina right! You’re a disgrace. Your mother should have swallowed.”



  Jenny-


  “I had Chlamydia once. It wasn’t so bad. Antibiotics cleared it right up.”





Then there is Tyler. Tyler is an interesting man to add to the mix. I won’t ever look at My Little Pony the same...

  Tyler-


  “Maybe it’s stress. I get stress hard-ons sometimes. If The Gap gets really busy and I don’t have time to fold all of my jeans, it can turn into a problem.”



Then there is Charlotte. Charlotte is a comical character as well, but she has her own secret. And her own list.
After all the mishaps, will Gavin ever be able to tell Charlotte how he really feels? Risking their friendship is scary when he doesn’t know if she feels the same way or not...

   photo ae6af6d9-93fb-4701-ad42-09c99199ce8c_zps2c1085b3.jpg


This was a short read, maybe took me two hours to get through, but I laughed the whole way through it! Tara Sivec’s writing is just so freaking funny! If you’re looking for a great LOL book, definitely pick this one up!

View all my reviews


Here are the purchase links:

BUY Love and Lists on AMAZON

BUY Love and Lists on B&N

Add it to your goodreads:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon