Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski


I LOVE THIS BOOK! Who is excited for the release of 'The Edge of Always'? I know I am! This is one of my favorite books, so I wanted to share my review for it :D


The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never, #1)The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


   photo fdd0bdcf-bfee-4843-901f-c1f11ad52d27_zps43c1760f.jpg


Nov.2013- I just re-read this book in preparation for the sequel, for the third time... yep. After reading hundreds of books since my first read through around a year ago, I have to say it is still one of my favorite books of all time! Amazing!

Original Review (with some added images)
5 epic stars!!! I do believe that this book is tied with TSOT for my favorite book I've read this year... I loved it that much!

The heart always wins over the mind. The heart, although reckless and suicidal and a masochist all on it's own always gets its way.

Rarely can a book make me grin like an idiot, swoon, laugh my ass off and go from sobbing to tears of joy in a matter of pages. This book was a beautiful and emotional journey. Not just for Cam and Andrew, but for the reader as well. I am pretty sure any review I write will not give this book justice (You just have to read it for your self!) But I'll try.

There was no logic or any sense of purpose except that I knew I had to so something other than what I was doing, or I might not make it through this.

Camryn had a lot going on in her life. Her high school boyfriend was killed in a car accident two years ago and she has never truly moved on. Since then, her parents have divorced, her brother had been sent to prison, and she just got in a huge fight with her best friend Natalie. She has to get away. Go anywhere except where she is. She goes to the counter of the bus station with just her minimal belongings and the clerk is eating a potato... which makes her decide to go to Idaho. The bus makes many stops along the way, one just happens to be Kansas where Andrew Parrish boards her bus.
 
Its a blatant fact: Andrew Parrish and I were meant to meet on that bus in Kansas. Coincidence is just a safe conformist for fate.



Andrew Parrish has a father who is dying of cancer in Wyoming. He also has a lot going on in his life. When he first sees Cam he feels something for her instantly. She notices his piercing green eyes and sexy tattoo's (love the story of his tattoo on his ribs) and they develop a friendship. Once in Wyoming, it’s time to part ways. But they don't. Andrew is very protective of Cam and after an incident in the bus stop they decide to travel together to wherever they feel like going in his dad's chevelle. They end up in New Orleans and stay for a while, then eventually to Texas.

Some of my favorite scenes/quotes:

   photo a2936378-8264-4f53-90ab-c080add77c32_zps412df0d2.jpg

  "TELL ME HOW YOU FEEL! Be honest with me, with yourself!"
"I want you dammit! The thought of you leaving and never seeing you again tears-me-up-inside! I can't fucking breathe without you!"
"SAY IT! JUST SAY IT!"
"I want you to own me. I belong to you Andrew Parrish. I want you to own me"



   photo 621e8ba4-6267-41f6-8c22-316ae162c267_zps2824042a.jpg


And some funny ones... There were too many of these to list!
So basically you won't be asking me to suck your dick for five hundred dollars or anything like that?"

And in the pharmacy at a local Walmart...
"Babe, did you find that yeast infection stuff? I mean are you even sure thats whats causing the itch?"
"Yeah baby I found it. What about you? Did you see if they have any extra small sized condoms?"




Camryn and Andrew's story is unforgettable! There wasn't anything about this book I didn't love. Camryn was super likable and Andrew was fantastic. You really pulled for them and on top of the drama and laughter there were a few pretty hot scenes. The last 10% or so was really intense. Not gonna lie- It had me ugly crying... in the break room at work, yeah. Andrew's letter... be prepared to sob (view spoiler) A truly beautiful story about living every moment in your life to the fullest and finding the person you are meant to be with! I know I will have to read this book again! If you haven't read this yet... do yourself a favor and put it #1 on your TBR list!!!

   photo d09c38f4-62bf-48d7-a164-acb01edeb6ed_zps349f56e4.jpg
View all my reviews

Purchase Links:
BUY on AMAZON
BUY on Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon