Tuesday, July 22, 2014

TORRENT by Gemma James

Christy's 4 Star review!!!! 

Torrent (Condemned, #1)Torrent by Gemma James
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 messed up stars!


   photo 652a819f-faa0-4f73-9aba-fb900c6ae6de_zps9b62e125.jpg


Don’t you love when you finish a book and you just sit there thinking… what in the actual fuck was that? I’m pretty sure that was my first thought after reading Torrent. Dark, twisted, intense and messed up. That’s the best way to describe this one.
 
I’m coming for you.



It all starts with a note. When Alex receives this, she knows her life is going to change. She’s just not sure how. After the innocent man she put in prison is out, she knows something is coming.

Eight years. Thats how long Rafe has been locked up. For a crime he did not commit. Now he’s out, but his life has forever been changed. When you’re convicted of a crime like this… it’s hard to come back from that. More than anything, Rafe has questions. He wants to know why. So he takes Alex somewhere no one else will find her. He needs to know, and he’ll use any means necessary to get the truth from Alex.

Alex was weak in so many ways, but to endure what she did, not only with Rafe, but over the years- it showed her strength. Rafe. Most of the book I couldn’t decide if I loved him or hated him. He was violent and brooding, but it was obvious he was in pain and vulnerable after all that had happened to him. Some of the things Rafe did to Alex were dangerous and extreme, but part of me didn’t blame Rafe for doing them. It was intense, but hearing how the last eight years had been for him, and he had absolutely no answers… it was what it was. I’m anxious to see how things will be between them in the second book now that he has some of the truth.

   photo 618bd4d6-484c-43c4-8b1d-14d8411ff7cf_zps574cfd99.jpg


If you’re looking for dark and hardcore, this is the book for you. It was a wild and torturous ride and had a crazy cliffhanger. Overall, I liked the story. It was original and the writing was awesome. I wish I would have felt an earlier connection to the characters, but I’m hoping since I already ‘know’ them, that won’t be an issue with the second book- which I’m very much looking forward to reading! If you like damaged heroes like me and you don’t mind a bit of a mind fuck, I would recommend Torrent.

   photo 910f47f1-a1e8-4ce0-8146-30b885de4588_zpsa81557bb.jpg


View all my reviews


Torrent Banner

Title: Torrent (Condemned #1)

Author: Gemma James 

Publication date: July 22nd 2014 

Genres: Erotica, Romance


BUY LINKS:

goodreads

TorrentEbook-2



Synopsis



I’ve been obsessed with Rafe Mason since I was thirteen. The twisted part of this story is that I still want him, even now.

Now that he’s holding me captive on an island.

Rafe has his reasons for doing what he’s doing, and if I’m honest, I can’t blame him—I’m the girl who sent him to prison for a heinous crime he didn’t commit.

But now he’s free and the tables have turned…now he’s the one driven by obsession.







Coming Soon in late October 2014

Rampant (Condemned #2)
22440300

goodreads



Pre-order RAMPANT for the promotional pre-order price of $0.99 on the following retailers!

B&N | iBooks | Kobo



About Gemma



Gemma


Gemma James (a pseudonym for Christina Jean Michaels) loves to explore the darker side of sex in her fiction. She's morbidly curious about anything dark and edgy and enjoys exploring the deviant side of human nature. Her stories have been described as being "not for the faint of heart."

She lives with her husband and their four children—three rambunctious UFC/wrestling-loving boys and one girl who steals everyone’s attention.








Giveaway!
love 2


No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon