Friday, September 26, 2014

The Certainty of Violet & Luke by Jessica Sorensen

The Certainty of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #5)The Certainty of Violet & Luke by Jessica Sorensen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Certain Stars


 

 
   
Nothing can be erased in life. Life is permanent, from the breaths we take to the decisions we make.

Luke & Violet’s journey has been tumultuous, it’s been hard to read at times, emotional and there were points that were just down right depressing. The conclusion and third book of their story still had the heartache and struggles, but it also had hope. Maybe just because one of them was keeping it together, I felt like there was more promise that they would be able to just maybe have a happy ever after even with all the tough stuff they’d been through.

Violet is a hot mess. She is destructive. She’s on an entire different level of down than she was before. She has her reasons (most of them valid), but it doesn’t take away from the fact that she is wrecked. She’s broken and she’s not sure how to get it together.

   photo c1ee4b80-74cd-4269-a1c1-4f00bda975f0_zpsf6194227.jpg


Luke is sober. He’s quit gambling. He’s trying to stay healthy, take better care of himself, and take care of/keep an eye on Violet at the same time. A lot is going on with family, with the case, and the stalker. It’s not easy on him, but he spends his energy focusing on Violet. He’s falling for this girl and has been for a while, but she’s on a bad path. He just wants to pull her out of it. Let her know she’s safe with him. That he’s there for her and not going anywhere. She needs that, but will it be enough?
 
“You’re always keeping me from falling.”

   photo e0752034-ddf0-4cbb-b058-110548e2daf7_zps697a58da.jpg


Instead of both of the main characters falling apart like they did in the past, Luke was able to be strong for Violet. She needed that strength. She was more of a mess in this book than ever before. I loved Luke so much in this book. He has the patience of a saint and lets his good heart shine thorough. I adore him and was happy to see his turn around. Violet... there were moments she completely exasperated me. I tried to stay patient with her. I can’t even imagine going through all she’s been through, and now getting all these revelations. It can’t be easy. I was frustrated at times, as much as I tried not to be, but I can say that by the end, I was happy with her.

More than anything, I loved that this couple fought. They fought for themselves, they fought for each other, and they fought to be together. Even if it wasn’t always easy.

The Coincidence series is one thats emotional, heart wrenching and beautiful. They tend to be a little on the depressing side at times, but those times that the hope shines through, it’s a beautiful thing. As always, I enjoy Jessica Sorensen’s writing. I love that she’s not afraid to go there and tackle difficult topics. Her characters aren’t perfect, they aren’t cookie cutter book boyfriends and lovable heroines. They’re raw, real, flawed and broken, but somehow, they find fulfillment in one another. I am very much looking forward to the final Callie and Kayden book (I miss my boy) and I REALLY can’t wait to read Seth and Grayson’s story. I love those guys!

The conclusion of Violet & Luke’s story gave me that closure and peace I was looking for. And the epilogue was beautiful

   photo 28fe9d3e-2e96-4942-aa43-d60dc9212e7b_zpsb729012a.jpg






View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon