Thursday, October 16, 2014

Something Like Redemption





Synopsis

Some secrets are best left untold...
Mia Lee escaped to the sleepy little town of 
South Boston, Virginia with the intent to be normal, and to find a place she
could call home. 
Sadly for Mia, her past has come back with a 
vengeance, and forced her to flee yet again.
This time, however, she’s not alone…
Mia and Quinn are on the run, fleeing for their
lives, while attempting to prove their innocence for a crime they did not
commit. But with 
a tainted past like Mia’s, it was inevitable that one day, it was going to
catch up to her in a way she never fathomed.
One ill-fated decision leads to an explosion of
unimaginable events, and now Mia and Quinn are not only running for their
lives, but also, for their redemption. 




Christy's Review!


Something Like Normal was one of those books I read that shocked me in the best kind of way. It ended in a big cliffhanger, so I was extremely anxious to pick this one up. It starts off right where book one leaves off… Mia is on the run. And Quinn is with her.

After what happened at the end of the last book, Mia is not in the best place. She’s on the run for now, but running is not her end game. She wants revenge. She wants the people who did this to pay. And she doesn’t want to drag Quinn down with her.
 
“I don’t deserve this. I don’t deserve you… only I deserve to be on the run, not you.”

No matter what happens, Quinn has decided he’s not going away. No matter what Mia does or how she acts, he’s in it for the long haul. He cares about her and he’s not going to abandon her.

   photo 7afc43e5-70a9-4984-bed4-827ba10b7c7e_zpsfe33fbbd.jpg



“I’m here every step of the way, Red. Every step. I won’t leave you, I promise you. No matter how hard you push me away, I will push back twice as hard, because I know you feel it… we will get through this because once it’s over, we’re going to be… free.”


While the couple is on the run, Abi is back home trying to help clear their names. With her resources, not only are they able to stay afloat comfortably, but they have some hope that just maybe they’ll be okay. That they can come out of this unscathed.

Through all the running and madness, there is still a lot of heat thrown into this one. Compared to the first book, I found this one much more steamy. Which made me a very happy reader.

   photo bc127349-a613-4077-b3c5-7bb4f9846ba3_zps114cfa30.jpg


I really do love Mia and Quinn together. Their relationship isn’t easy. They face even more obstacles in this book. Not only her father, Phil and the police, but a new person is here causing trouble. But through it all, they prevail. When push comes to shove, they fight for their relationship. They fight for each other. Both of them may not fight for their selves, but they sure do come out swinging when it comes to protecting the other person. You can feel the love between them. The last half of the book, I feel like their relationship progressed to a different level.

“How do I look at you?”


“Like I’m worth looking at. Like I’m worth something.”


“You don’t realize how much you’re worth.”

 photo 6b140684-398a-4af6-b349-1b0e023beb46_zpsa6613846.jpg
 
We all have baggage. Ours is just a little more fucked up than others, and that’s what draws us to one another- two broken, fucked up souls.

Both characters have their issues. There are still many secrets that are left untold. Questions left unanswered. I’m definitely anxious to read the third book. The cliffhanger didn't seem as bad, but I still need to know whats going to happen, and more about Quinn’s past. And I’m anxious to get more Abi and Tristan. Love those two!

I enjoy this authors writing style. I love the fast paced story line, the romance, the suspense, the broken characters. I had A TON of issues with Mia the first half of the book. I understood where she was coming from, but it didn’t stop me from wanting to slap her throughout the story. Thankfully, she got her act together. Quinn was fantastic. I just adore him. Overall, besides my temporary issues with the heroine, I think this book came together nicely. It was a great second book to a trilogy. Gave us a little and left us wanting much more! I liked it a lot- a solid 4 star read.

   photo 54b4bc56-d364-4f4c-9ddc-fddc8cac4d35_zpse7af141a.jpg
   
“Life is what you make it. And you make it unforgettable.”


View all my reviews











Buy Links









Author Bio




Monica James spent her youth devouring the works of Anne Rice, William Shakespeare and Emily Dickinson.
When she is not writing, Monica is busy running her own business, but she always finds a
balance between the two. She enjoys writing honest, heartfelt and turbulent stories, hoping to leave an imprint
on her readers, and her inspiration comes from every day life. She is an Amazon
best selling author in the US, UK, Canada and Australia.
Monica James resides in Melbourne, Australia, with her wonderful family, and menagerie of animals.
She is slightly obsessed with cats, chucks, lipgloss, 
and secretly wishes she was a ninja on the weekends. 








Other books by Monica James










                                     Amazon US              Amazon US               Amazon US

                                     Amazon UK             Amazon UK              Amazon UK

                                     Amazon CA             Amazon CA              Amazon CA

                                     Amazon AU             Amazon AU              Amazon AU

                                           B&N                         B&N                         B&N

                                           Kobo                         Kobo                         Kobo

                                     Smashwords              Smashwords              Smashwords



No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon