Monday, October 6, 2014

The Redemption of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen

The Resolution of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #6)The Resolution of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen

4.5 Stars!


   photo bb2b9781-cb0a-42a0-9b5e-91e75c154f39_zpsfa4ecaf7.jpg


It feels as though I’ve been waiting for the conclusion to Callie & Kayden’s story for the longest time. I love these books. I love these broken characters. And although the second Callie & Kayden book didn’t end in a cliffhanger, there were still lots of things in both of their lives left unresolved. Jessica Sorensen tied everything up nicely in their final book.

Callie & Kayden are together and happy. Things are going good for the two of them. Their relationship is steady and secure. They’ve overcome so much together. Callie is stronger than ever. Kayden, he still fights some of his demons. If only his past would stay in his past.





Callie can tell something is up with Kayden. All she’s ever wanted was to be there for him, to help him move on, to save him, just like he saved her. And she helps. Without Callie, Kayden would be lost.
 
   
There is one person who always gets me through my despair... Callie Lawrence. She’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me- my ray of sunshine through the rain.

 

   photo a5099ccd-c6d6-41ad-a256-003656f3ddf6_zps7c70a3e8.jpg


Callie helps Kayden to be able to open up, to be able to face his past. She also spends her time convincing him that he is good for her. That he makes her whole and happy. Kayden has suffered a lot of abuse in his past and that makes it hard for him to believe that he is worth much. I love that Callie never got impatient with him, never gave up on him. True love is standing beside someone through the ups and the downs. No matter what life throws at you.

“You are my good, no matter what you want to believe. I’m sitting here, happier than I’ve ever been, because of you. You are my happiness.”


Even with all the family drama and set backs, Callie and Kayden are very much in love and happy together. If anything, they are more in love now than ever.

   photo 1777cdab-0ddd-4246-9ea7-69c2ab2189e2_zps4cd31c7a.jpg


While Kayden finally confronts his past for good, Callie is right by his side. As long as they can stay strong together, nothing can ever tear them down.

“We can do anything- you and I- when we’re together.”

“I want this.... you and I... forever.”

Callie has so much strength. I love how devoted she is, how kind and caring, patient and loving she is for Kayden. Callie has a lot of baggage from her past, but she’s found the strength to move on from it and she’s able to help her man do the same.

Kayden Owens... my beautiful broken boy. My heart breaks for him, and for his feelings that he doesn’t deserve anything or anyone good. I’ve loved him from the very moment I met him and that didn’t change at al in this book.

The conclusion to Callie & Kayden’s story is emotional, beautiful and moving. Sometimes a love this strong is really all you need to heal and move on.  Kayden got his resolution, as did Callie. And that’s really all they ever wanted or needed. I do wish it had been a little longer. It felt a little on the short side for the final book.

Overall, I love Kayden and Callie’s journey. They are both special characters to me. I’m happy with the direction their final chapter took, and that epilogue... PERFECTION.

   photo 1af9ae35-bd7e-46e9-b21f-94485ac16c51_zps039e7e10.jpg

 
   
I am simply Callie.
And he is simply Kayden.
And we are simply us.
And it’s the realist form of perfection that’s ever existed.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon