Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Necessary Restorations by Kate Canterbary

Necessary_banner


Christy's Review

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
4 stars!

   photo a482cd7b-8253-4163-a5c7-be05e7018e0f_zpscrnfjpvg.jpg


I love Kate Canterbary’s writing. After book one and two I fell in love with the Walsh siblings. Sam’s book is one of the ones I was most excited to read. Something about him intrigued me from the start. I love a story about a man-whore who finds that one girl who has him change his ways. And that’s exactly what Sam is. A man-whore. He has his reasons, and he embraces his lifestyle.


   photo 7771a2c5-6dbf-47e6-be32-7199c61c70cc_zpsjbhm1wr3.jpg


Sam and Tiel meet in an unusual way. Tiel is such a fun and outspoken heroine, she is hard not to love. She gets Sam to go out of his comfort zone. She takes this man who wears three piece suits and works full time as an architect, only to go to swanky bars to hook up, and she gets him to explore the city. Go to festivals, share her passion of music by seeing all types of live shows. She gets him to embrace life.


   photo 01244f2d-59d1-4d16-a5ce-59a9c69128ec_zpsercitfk9.jpg


Sam and Tiel become fast friends. Friends? With a woman? This is all very new to Sam. But Tiel has this pull that he can’t stay away from. She makes him feel normal. They do all the things normal friends do. They see each other constantly, text constantly, she pretty much becomes the biggest part of his life. But all they are is friends. Friends who kiss, but just friends. At least thats what they keep telling one another.


   photo 4e44a669-81a2-4f69-9887-7d3a1dd8731c_zpssqabfg31.jpg

“You just keep crashing into my life, don’t you?” he murmured.

“Trying to get rid of me?” I asked, my hands braced on his chest.


“I don’t think I should,” he murmured.

“Then don’t,” I said.
 


When friendship isn’t enough for either of them anymore, what happens next? Sam, the self proclaimed man-whore, Tiel the free spirit with no family ties. They are an unlikely pair. I wish I could tell you it was an easy love story for these two, but I’d be lying. Their love story was a bit messy at times. It wasn’t perfect. They don’t want to hurt each other because besides being in a relationship, they are one another’s best friend. But sometimes hurting those you love is inevitable.


   photo c97f7084-476d-4bc5-a21f-56a11c81896b_zpsnenca1g5.jpg


Sam and Tiel. These are two characters that I completely and utterly loved, but also two characters that (at times) pissed me off beyond belief. They both did things that just… made me cringe. I don’t want to go into detail (and it’s by no means a deal breaker for most) but there was a specific action on each of their part that kept this from being a five star read for me. Don’t get me wrong, there were loads of five star moments. I completely adore these books and this series is a gem in the roth of new indie series. I just wish things (at least with one of the two) would have went down differently. But I also understand that in real life, some things have to fall apart before they can come together in a real way. So don’t let that deter you from reading this fantastic series.

Sam and Tiel’s story had so much good in it. I really did love them both. Tiel’s job made her completely endearing and Sam is just Sam. I’ve loved him from book one. I’m a little saddened we just have two Walsh siblings left… but I am crazy excited to read Shannon’s book next. And Riley… somehow I think Kate is saving the best Walsh boy for last ;)

If you haven’t started this series and you’re looking for a fresh, fun and sexy contemporary romance, I would highly recommend!


   photo a163c4c4-6caf-4dcd-8276-d31efc7a3199_zpsmceaz6ah.jpg

‘I love you and there is no one in the universe I’ll ever want but you. I’ve been yours since always, and always will be.’

Necessary Restorations


Blurb:


They liked to call me names. Manwhore. Slut. Player. But I make wrong look so right…

He's a flawed perfectionist…
I can read women better than any blueprint. I understand their thoughts and feelings, their secret desires and insecurities, and I know how to get rid of them once I get off.

But all bets are off when Tiel Desai slams into my life. She redefines what it means to be friends, and she makes it sound like the filthiest thing I've ever heard.

I can't read the gorgeous conservatory-trained violinist, but she's the only one keeping me from shattering by small degrees, and I can't let her go.

She's wildly independent…
My past—and New Jersey—are far behind me, and now my life is blissfully full of music: playing, teaching, and lecturing, and scouring Boston's underground scene with an annoyingly beautiful, troubled, tattooed architect.

I'm defenseless against his rooftop kisses, our nearly naked dance parties, the snuggletimes that turn into sexytimes, and his deep, demanding voice.

I have Sam Walsh stuck in my head like a song on repeat, and I'm happy pretending history won't catch up with me.

The one thing they have in common is a rock-solid disregard for the rules.
They find more in each other than they ever realized they were missing, but they might have to fall apart before they can come together.

It's the wrongs that make the rights come to life.

add-to-goodreads-button31


Buy:




1_NR





Kate Canterbary


About Kate Canterbary:

Kate Canterbary doesn't have it all figured out, but this is what she knows for sure: spicy-ass salsa and tequila solve most problems, living on the ocean--Pacific or Atlantic--is the closest place to perfection, and writing smart, smutty stories is better than any amount of chocolate. She started out reporting for an indie arts and entertainment newspaper back when people still read newspapers, and she has been writing and surreptitiously interviewing people—be careful sitting down next to her on an airplane—ever since. Kate lives on the water in New England with Mr. Canterbary and the Little Baby Canterbary, and when she isn't writing sexy architects, she's scheduling her days around the region's best food trucks.
Find Kate Online: 


Logo2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon