Friday, October 9, 2015

Confessions of a Kleptomaniac by Jessica Sorensen- Christy's Review

Christy's Review: 

Confessions of a Kleptomaniac (Rebels & Misfits, #1)Confessions of a Kleptomaniac by Jessica Sorensen

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


4 stars


   photo 404C04B5-F576-41F0-8588-A37D6775C5B4_zps2fdb8tzn.jpg


Jessica Sorensen does a fantastic job at writing young heroes/heroines that have some kind of issue and/or are damaged. She does it often and she does it well. This was no exception. Both Luna and Grey have things going on in their lives right now that have them in a rough spot.

Luna Harvey has to be the picture of perfection to make her parents happy. They are much more strict than the average parents of teenagers. The pressure to always be ‘good’ is hard for Luna to take. She has one way she rebels against it, one way she escapes from it. She shoplifts. It’s her dark and dirty secret that not even her best friends know.

 

‘Sometimes I do bad things just because it makes me feel better.’


   photo 034B985D-AC04-4F71-8537-7DCA02CA1536_zpsoajpoorj.jpg


Grey Sawyer is in a totally different social circle than Luna. He’s popular, he’s always had it easy. Until something happens in his life that changes  him to the core. When he catches Luna in the act, something thats never happened to her before, he feels the need to help her. He feels like he gets her. Grey has a secret of his own. Something he’s trying to move past. Something none of his friends know (they aren’t the type you can talk to easily) but Luna just might be the person he can open up to.

“Thanks… for helping me,” I manage to get out.

“Don't worry about it,” Grey says. “I get it.”


“Get what?”


He offers me a sympathetic smile that only puzzles me more. “That sometimes people hit rough spots in their life and have to do extreme things to survive."

 


   photo 698E6743-899D-44C9-B322-049AA8900238_zpsp3sfqnyg.jpg


Luna and Grey’s relationship is strained to begin with. They have a past. Grey’s group of friends weren’t always nice. Slowly but surely this couple starts to trust one another. They become friends first, but the attraction is always lingering there, just waiting for one of them to act on it. So are the secrets between them- they’re always there.

My absolute favorite part of this story- I loved the group of friends. I loved how they interacted together, how they always had each others back. When you’re reading books set in high school, it’s sometimes hard to find that kind of friendship, and I’m happy that Luna had it. After the things she’s been through with her family, she needed those kind of friends. I’m also really excited to read more about these said friends. I think it’s great that this is going to be a series even though Grey and Luna’s story concluded. Bring on Beck and Willow!

I gave this story a 4 instead of a 5 mainly because the ending felt a little rushed to me. Even though there were a few of Jessica’s normal things, this book did have a unique feel to it. I liked the twist that came to light towards the end, and as I mentioned before, I really loved this group of friends, so I’m excited to read more in this series!

“People deserve second chances if they really want them.”

 


   photo BD460106-59F9-4330-9FE0-9BDC54143D02_zpsyfaemkec.jpg







Add to Goodreads: 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26177713-confessions-of-a-kleptomaniac


One Click on Amazon:

http://amzn.com/B014MXW634


No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon