Monday, December 7, 2015

Review: Blood Kiss

Blood Kiss Blood Kiss by J.R. Ward
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 stars!

 photo 162ABB4E-43E5-4BF6-A6DD-C36A7A014885_zpsj8kukiji.jpg

When I heard that a spin off book from the original BDB series I couldn’t contain my excitement. The BDB is one of my favorite series of all time. This book was amazing. It was one of the best BDB books I’ve read in a while. It felt like one of the original BDB books in the best way possible!

Over the last couple of books, we’ve met Paradise, an aristocratic daughter who’s father works for the King as his first advisor. Paradise has plans. She wants to join the BDB’s training program and learn to fight for herself. Very few make the cut, and she is strong enough and determined enough to do it. She meets Craeg who is also in the training program. He’s in an entirely different class than Paradise. He’s from more of a working class and he’s lost his family to the raids. Could an aristocratic female fall in love with a civilian male? Even if he is the most worthy man she’s ever met, she knows it wouldn’t be approved by her father…

This book focuses on two couples (I was SO impressed how focused Ward was on just these two couples). The second is Butch and Marissa. Butch is one of the brothers who is leading the recruit program, and his mate, Marissa, runs Safe Place. There is a bit of a suspense in the plot that they’re connected to. I loved getting a new couple, then getting more of an older couple. It was a great balance.

Everything about this book was wonderful. Paradise is my new favorite female of the group. She’s strong, humble, and fearless. I loved how much humor was woven into the story. Lassiter is always good for laughs and the Magic Mike scene with the females cracked me up. For lovers of the BDB I can’t recommend this book enough! A full 5 stars from me!!!

 photo 7E589110-C402-415F-A054-2B336B55B293_zpsn5mdgncm.jpg

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon