Sunday, February 21, 2016

Strong Signal by Megan Erickson and Santino Hassell


Strong Signal 
by Megan Erickson and Santino Hassell

Bella's 5 Star Review
This book. was. SO. Good.

I mean, I just get a silly grin on my face thinking about how good it was.

Garrett is a solder serving his last tour in Afghanistan. He passes the time by playing his favorite video game. Kai is a video "gaymer" who has his own live stream channel with a following of subscribers that watch him play and sample upcoming video games.

I love that these two meet online while playing a video game. Kai kills Garrett and Garrett looks him up.... and can't believe his eyes when he sees Kai's face. He is instantly attracted to him.

They develop this .... friendship online which quickly blossoms into flirtation.

The banter...

I LOVE this online exchange. Starts with e-mails, progresses to instant messaging, then to skype.

And their chemistry just can't be contained by the internet. Yowza!!! These two are so hot together.

By the time they meet in person, they are completely smitten with each other. So they can gallop off into the sunset with their HEA, right?

But it's not all rainbows and roses. Kai hasn't left his apartment in 3 years.

3 years.

He's plagued with social anxiety and since he works online, he doesn't really need to confront this problem. Until Garrett shows up on his doorstep.

Garrett is a bit...over protective. And he's worried about not getting a good job. His lack of options is what lead him to join the military to begin with and he doesn't want to find himself barely scraping by after all of his time served in the military.

I love these two men. They are so different and so perfect for each other.

I love their honesty. Their ability to see each other's flaws and accept them. I love that they want to become better people for each other.

And I love their scorching hot chemistry. Because holy. crapola. I hope you're good at reading one handed ;-)

Bottom line: this book is why I love to read. I was sucked in from the beginning. I love that we get alternating POV. And I couldn't stop reading, nor can I stop thinking about these characters since I finished.

The book hangover has commenced.

Read this book!!!!!

 Get it on Amazon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon