Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Christy's 5 star review of Wicked Heart by Leisa Rayven




5 stars!


   photo D249B11F-2E39-4C71-837F-8CC7C7FC3269_zpsyuuke6ae.jpg


After reading three books by Leisa Rayven, I have now dubbed her the queen of second chance romance. This woman writes angsty second chance romance stories better than anyone. All three of her books have been huge hits for me. I devoured this one. I started it and read it in one sitting. When you start this book, be prepared to read into the wee hours of the night. You will be unable to put it down! It was completely addictive.

Elissa Holt is Ethan Holt’s sister and the best stage manager around. She is amazing at her job, but she’s being tested. She is now a stage manager to a show that Liam Quinn is staring in. Liam, her gorgeous, sweet, funny and sexy ex. AND it’s not just Liam. It’s his fiancé, Angel, too.

Things with Liam and Elissa ended six years ago. It’s still a mystery about what exactly happened, but things aren’t always as they seem.

   photo 5D84BC4E-925A-4E8C-849F-C0DE50C4081A_zpspowfnedj.jpg


Things are strained between them, but Elissa is ever the professional. Or she tries to be. Thankfully, she has a best friend/roommate named Josh that has her back. There were a lot of parts in the story that stressed me out in the best way. I had to know what had happened to cause this divide between these two. It’s so glaringly obvious that something is still there…

Goddamit. I hate this. Love. Longing. Attraction. Need. Everything he brings out in me. I’m so tired of wanting what I can’t have. Wanting him. I can’t do it anymore.



   photo F40067BF-5B7A-42B9-ADD7-B1D4348FD966_zpsydfypgsd.jpg


I know what you’re thinking if you’ve read the blurb- but put anything you’re thinking out of your mind! I swear this was so different than I expected it to be and in the best way possible.! Things I thought were going to bother me in the beginning were such non-issues.

I loved both Elissa and Liam so much, but let me tell you about Josh. Josh kind of stole the book for me. He was fantastic, hilarious and the best friend ever! I would love a Josh book!!! I also thought Angel was pretty great and I didn’t even want to like her from the start. I couldn’t help myself!

Wicked Heart is another fabulous addition to Rayven’s Starcrossed series. If you’re looking for a read that’s captivating and addicting and you love slightly angsty, sexy and fun second chance romances pick this one up! You won’t be disappointed!
 
   
One thing you’re absolutely not allowed to give up on is true love. When you find it, you should grab it with both hands and never let go, because although it might not always be easy or convenient, it’s worth it.


     photo 6C58F5F2-4028-4F9A-8883-15BA97584D80_zpszwhtcjdt.jpg



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon