Thursday, May 12, 2016

5 star review of The Bird and the Sword by Amy Harmon


5 stars!


   photo DA9E9EFE-E9F4-4C13-8324-8F3E0216EE38_zps72xwcnza.jpg


I only read fantasy occasionally, so this isn’t a book I would normally pick up right away... BUT Amy Harmon is one of my favorite authors so I knew I would read it as soon as I got the chance. I’m so glad I did. The Bird and the Sword is a story that sucked me in from the start. A completely captivating read with equal parts romance and adventure.

Amy’s writing and story telling abilities is nothing short of magical here. If this book has any message at all, it’s that words are powerful. Coming from this author, it’s a very apt message. In all her books, her words are moving, brilliant and powerful. This book is no exception.

   photo 50F8366C-C551-46C4-B6DF-F40DFD0A9E0E_zpsxxjbqq4n.jpg


The Bird and the Sword is full of heart, magic, beauty, adventure and love. The characters are so lovable. I loved Lark’s voice and her story. At first, I didn’t think this was going to be a love story. I didn’t see how a romance would be possible at the start, but I was happy to be proven wrong. If you need a little romance in your books like me, you’ll be happy to know that the love in this book is strong.

   photo 839337C6-A2B0-4BB7-8036-2C0897782949_zps9ebn5hg2.jpg


Without any spoilers, it’s hard to go into the plot of this story and what it’s about, so I won’t. Just know that it’s a phenomenal book with brilliant writing and going on my must-read list! Fantasy lovers and romance lovers alike should give this book a go! Once again, Amy Harmon does not disappoint with her poignant words and beautiful, original story lines. The Bird and the Sword gets a full 5 stars from me!

   photo 650B53E5-D0A4-4264-8C2A-AED1F734AE56_zpsf1q0qtmw.jpg




No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon