Wednesday, May 18, 2016

5 stars for SMUT by @authorhalle @MetalBlonde


Christy's 5 star review! 


   photo E9AB088F-C11B-4768-8EB0-A55729B09AB0_zpsjonlblvz.jpg


Karina Halle truly is an author who can do it all. Contemporary Romance, Romantic Suspense, Horror, now add Romantic Comedy to that list. She does it all and she does it very well! She did a fantastic job with this one. Funny, sexy and nerdy. The perfect mix! Get ready to laugh, swoon and fall in love with Blake and Amanda!

So… whats better than a friends to lovers romance? How about an enemies to lovers romance? YES! What is it about a book where the hero and heroine don’t get along… AT ALL that makes me love it more when they finally do click? Blake and Amanda share a writing class together and it’s obvious that they don’t care for one another. So naturally when their professor pairs them up together, they get paired with one another.

It’s pretty easy to tell that my classmate in writing 200 and my current writing partner, Amanda Newland, hates my bloody guts. Her obvious dislike of me has led to my dislike of her, and my dislike of her has led me, well, trying to get a rise out of her whenever I can.

Even though Blake and Amanda can’t stand each other at first, they realize they do really well writing together. It’s natural and they click. Both have bigger dreams when it comes to writing, and Blake has an idea that just may get them there faster and help his families struggling business along they way. They write together. Under a pen name, of course. But what do they write… only the most popular genre there is to write right now. Romance. But not just romance- romance that is short and smutty. At first Amanda is appalled, but Blake wears her down.

   photo D793041B-64EB-47EA-A33B-B078DEECDD1B_zpsqasnh3sx.jpg


Writing dirty things quickly turns into them doing dirty things. Let me tell you… the sexual tension between these two is off the charts high. And when it finally happens… So worth all the wait. Things seem pretty perfect for a while, their feelings are starting to grow. But when things get out between them, they’re both tested.

I absolutely adored both Amanda and Blake. Amanda is just the type of heroine I love to read about. She’s a little bit of a know it all at first and very nerdy (which I love) but she’s also fun. Blake is the perfect opposite to her in some ways, but in others they are very much alike. He has a nerdy side, too- but he’s also smooth and sexy. I loved the two of them together so much. Their butting of the heads and bickering was just as good as their hot and steamy scenes and when they were finally getting along. They were an unlikely, yet perfect match.

I said it earlier and I’ll say it again now- I am so impressed with how flawlessly Karina pulled off writing a romantic comedy. I laughed so hard, but it was more than just funny. It was sweet (at times), crazy sexy, and highly entertaining. If you’re a fan of romantic comedies and you want to laugh, love, and laugh some more don’t miss out on Smut! A definite must read!

   photo CCF05873-02B5-4B78-AC25-43D6261CDC4B_zpstioqlzl1.jpg


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon