Thursday, September 15, 2016

RETRIEVAL by Aly Martinez is LIVE! 5 stars!

RETRIEVAL_RELEASE_BLITZ.jpg


RETRIEVAL_LIVE.jpg
ONE STORY. TWO COUPLES.


The Retrieval Duet by Aly Martinez is a two part series.


RETRIEVAL is NOW LIVE  and will bring readers the first part of this emotional second chance romance.   


TRANSFER (Part Two) will release on September 27th!


NOW AVAILABLE on the following retailers:
Retrieval (Part One):

Retrieval C.jpg

Blurb


I proposed on our first date.
She laughed and told me I was insane. Less than a day later, she said yes.
It was a whirlwind, but we were happy…
Until we got greedy and wanted a family.


It was a life I couldn’t give her, not for lack of trying. Fertility just wasn’t on our side. We sought out doctors and treatments. Spent money we didn’t have. Lied to our families. Smiled for our friends. Put on a brave face for a world that didn’t understand.
Finally, we were successful…
Until we were forced to bury our son.


We were left broken, battered, and destroyed.
They say love is in the details, but it was the details that ruined us.


This is the story of how I took back what had always been mine.
The retrieval of my wife and our family.



CHRISTY'S 5-STAR REVIEW:


 photo 6819E66B-4E35-4B94-A7C6-65AEFA92E02B_zpsvr4bwxjh.png

Aly Martinez blew me away with this book. It was oh so intense, crazy emotional and even a bit suspenseful. My heart was in my throat for a majority of the book and I couldn’t wait to see what would happen. This couple- I rooted for them so hard. After that ending, I’m so anxious to jump into the next one. The moment it hits my kindle, I’ll be dropping everything else to read it!

Retrieval starts out with an epic love story between Roman and Elisabeth. These two truly care for each other, but their love story isn’t simple. The truth is, they go through some difficult times. As you can tell from the blurb, this couple struggles with infertility. Infertility is one of those things that you can’t always understand unless you’ve been through it. The true heartache, loss of hope and how terrified and out of control you feel is something most people (thankfully) never experience. Aly captured it perfectly. Roman and Elisabeth feel this. It changes who they are and their relationship. Also, as you can tell from the blurb, they lose their son. I could never fathom losing a child. My heart broke for them. They go through so much more than anyone should have to survive and it’s no wonder they don’t come out of it fully intact.

Both of these characters were broken, but had so much strength. There are so many elements to this story. It isn’t all about infertility, marriage or death. It’s so complex and has so many components. Roman and Lis are the two main characters, but there is another POV in this story that gives it even more depth. It’s an unconventional romance for sure, but it’s still a beautiful love story.

This book will give you all the feels. The characters are fantastic, the writing is brilliant and the idea is unique. There were a few things I caught on to fairly early on, but there was also something that shocked me at the end. I want to say so much more about this story, but I would hate to spoil it for any potential readers. Know it deals with hard topics- (view spoiler) but the end left me satisfied. I feel happy right now, yet still concerned over whats going to happen next in this story! This is a 5 star read for me and I would encourage anyone who is looking for an emotional, stunning romance with a bit of suspense to give it a go!

 photo 5E1A7F69-6287-4E3D-96AB-4BD62F0167A8_zpsokpi2zmc.png

Want More?  
Pre-order Transfer (Part Two)
Releasing September 27th



Meet Aly Martinez
ali martinez.jpg

Born and raised in Savannah, Georgia, Aly Martinez is a stay-at-home mom to four crazy kids under the age of five, including a set of twins. Currently living in South Carolina, she passes what little free time she has reading anything and everything she can get her hands on, preferably with a glass of wine at her side.
After some encouragement from her friends, Aly decided to add “Author” to her ever-growing list of job titles. Five books later, she shows no signs of slowing. So grab a glass of Chardonnay, or a bottle if you’re hanging out with Aly, and join her aboard the crazy train she calls life.

retrieval 2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon