Friday, March 31, 2017

Forever Mine by Erin Nicholas Review!





4 stars!

   photo Forever Mine_zps3y5zski7.png


One of my favorite things about Erin Nicholas’ Opposites Attract series, is that the heroines are straight up geeks. And I mean that in the best way possible. It’s a fun and refreshing spin on romance.

Maya and Alex meet when Alex comes to one of Maya’s classes. Maya is a martial artist instructor for kids. She makes her classes fun by incorporating super heroes. After Maya got hurt with her last job in law enforcement, she thought this would deb a good way to stay in shape and still help. 



Dr. Alex Nolan needs all the help he can get when it comes to super heroes. You see, his 10 year old daughter who he just recently found out about is obsessed with them. Maya is just the woman he needs. She can teach him all about the super heroes that impress his daughter so much. 

 
“The best superheroes are flawed in some way. Typically something has happened to them—either a trauma or a freak accident or just good old destiny—and they either choose to rise above or they let it bring them down. We love them because they made the choice to rise above.”
Alex and Maya’s friendship is there, but the attraction between them burns the pages from the very beginning. Alex may not know if he’s ready for a relationship, but it’s apparent that these two are hot for each other from the start. I loved watching their back and forth and seeing their chemistry flourish. There were many sweet moments, fun times, and all around geeky goodness in this book. 



I loved the dynamic of Maya and her friends. I even liked the Alex/Charlie/Rachel dynamic. Alex irked me a few times, but I got where he was coming with when it came to his daughter. I spent my time reading this with a big smile on my face, rooting for these two characters to be together. 

If you’re looking for a fast, fun, and sweet read, this is one I would recommend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon