Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Review: Pipe Dreams by @Sarina Bowen @BerkleyRomance



A goalie has to trust his instincts, even when taking a shot to the heart…
Mike Beacon is a champion at defending the net, but off the ice, he’s not so lucky. A widower and a single father, he’s never forgotten Lauren Williams, the ex who gave him the best year of his life. When Lauren reappears in the Bruisers office during the playoffs, Beacon sees his chance to make things right.

Lauren hates that she’s forced to travel with the team she used to work for and the man who broke her heart. There’s still undeniable sexual tension running between her and Mike, but she won’t go down that road again. She’s focused on her plans for the future—she doesn’t need a man to make her dreams of motherhood come true.

Lauren plays her best defensive game, but she’s no match for the dark-eyed goalie. When the field of play moves to Florida, things heat up on the beach.

One of Mike’s biggest fans doesn’t approve—his teenage daughter. But a true competitor knows not to waste the perfect shot at love.



Christy's Review:

4 stars!



Pipe Dreams is the third book in Sarina Bowen’s Brooklyn Bruisers series and by far my favorite yet! That could very well change if I ever get my highly coveted Nate and Becca book (hehe) but in all seriousness, I love when I’m reading a series and each book gets better and better. Bowen has done that with this series and I couldn’t be happier.

Mike Beacon is a single dad and the goalie for the Brooklyn Bruisers. Four years ago, Mike was in a relationship with the love of his life, Lauren Williams. Lauren is Nate’s (the owner of the team) office manager and she is now having to help out more on the hockey side, which means being around Mike more than she’s used to.
   
It had been years since she read Dante’s Inferno for a high school literature class, but one of the nine circles of hell had probably been a place where you saw your ex every single day.
Lauren is the type of girl who comes across as hard and not friendly, but there is so much more to her than meets the eye. I loved getting another side of Lauren. I can understand completely why she has been standoffish in the other books and doesn’t want anything to do with hockey. Mike has a lot of making up to do when it comes to Lauren. When they broke up, he was in a really bad spot. You see, Mike has a daughter who is his world and his ex and the mother of his child was terminally ill. He had to be there for his ex and his kid. It’s the type of man he is. But Lauren didn’t know all that.

I liked Mike so much. I love a good single dad book, and I think Mike was a fabulous dad and a stand up guy. I love how he worked so hard to win back Lauren. They were a great pair. As I mentioned before, please please please give us a Becca and Nate book! I’m dying here!!!!

Pipe Dreams is a fabulous addition to the Brooklyn Bruiser’s series but can be read as a standalone. I recommend this to anyone who loves a good second chance romance, sports romance, or single parent story. I loved it!

 
 
“This feels right. We feel right. Whether it’s two years that passed or twenty-two, if I hold you in my arms it will always feel exactly right.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon