Monday, December 11, 2017

Audiobook Review: Lucky Number Eleven



I’ve always been the person that does whatever someone tells me I can’t. 

Can’t graduate with a four-point-oh? Check.
Can’t win a modeling contract without trying? Did it. Check.
Can’t make it in the pro football league? Triple check with an MVP Award on top.

When my best friend told me to stay away from his little sister, Layla, it didn’t sound like a challenge. Then again, I’d never seen her before.

He obviously wasn’t thinking about who he was talking to if he believed I could ignore her. I obviously wasn’t thinking of him at all when I fell in love with her either. 

Fact of the matter is: I not only fell harder than a quarterback sack on a Sunday night game, but I did us one better. Kind of like that MVP award, only not so shiny. Sort of like my Player of the Year title, except the only thing I’m walking away with is an ex-best friend and a woman that hates my guts. 

It’s okay. Just tell me I can’t win her back. 

I’m Branch “Lucky” Best and today’s my lucky day. 

Lucky Number Eleven is a STANDALONE NOVEL.




Christy's Review:


description

   
Sometimes that play that wins the game isn’t the safe one. It’s not the pass over the middle that will definitely get you ten yards. It’s the Hail Mary at the end that you toss up with nothing but a prayer.

Lucky Number Eleven is a feel good sports romance that is sweet, sexy, and a lot of fun!

Layla meets Branch Best after she’s just had a break-up with a football player. She’s promised to swear off athletes, but there is something about Branch… Branch and Layla’s brother, Finn, are teammates and close friends. Branch knows that Layla is completely off limits to him. Branch may have a bit of a reputation when it comes to women, and Finn warns him off of his little sister.


Branch and Layla’s chemistry is so strong, neither one of them can head to the ‘off-limits’ warning. I loved watching them together. Their playful banter, fun and sexy time, and of course a bit of a forbidden love story happening. Then this story takes a bit of a twist. I liked the direction it went, it gave the story a bit more depth and more of the feels.

What I enjoyed most about this book was all the different relationships. Not just Branch and Layla, but I loved the Poppy and Finn dynamic. Not just them together, but Finn and Branch’s friendship, as well as Poppy and Layla’s. I love a book with an array of fantastic characters!

I listened to the audiobook of Lucky Number Eleven and I feel like the narrators really brought the story to life. I’ve listened to other books narrated by Wen Ross and Kai Kennicott, and they make a great narration team. I’d definitely recommend the audiobook.

If you’re looking for a brother’s best friend/sports romance with just the right amount of fun, feels, sexy, and sweet- pick this one up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon