Monday, January 15, 2018

Man Card by Sarina Bowen & Tanya Eby is LIVE!


A sexy new stand-alone comedy.

Ash:
I still don't know how it happened. One minute I was arguing with my arrogant competitor--our usual trash-talk over who deserves the larger commission. But somehow I went from throwing down to kneeling down...
It can never happen again. I don't even like Braht. He's too slick. He's a manipulating mansplaining party boy in preppy clothes.
So why can't I get him out of my head?

Braht:
There are two things I know without question. One: Ash and I are destined for each other. Two: never trust a man with a unibrow.
Ash is my missing my piece. She's the sweet cream to my gourmet espresso. And nothing gets me going faster than her contempt for me. They don't call her the Ashkicker for nothing.
Eventually I'll win her over...if my past doesn't ruin everything first.

 Amazon: http://geni.us/MCAmazon 
 iBooks: http://geni.us/MCiBooks 
 Kobo: http://geni.us/MCkobo 
 Nook: http://geni.us/MCNook

Christy's Review:
description

When I finished Man Hands, I couldn’t wait to get a Braht and Ash book! Those two had me laughing so hard and I love a good enemies to lovers story! Plus, the duo of Bowen and Erb is fantastic! As soon as this baby hit my kindle I jumped in. I wasn’t disappointed. I enjoyed it just as much as the first!

Sebastian Braht is not a manly man like his friend Tom. In fact, he’s kind of the opposite. Braht loves romantic comedies, gets manicures, and loves a good facial… but that doesn’t make him any less of a man where it counts the most. Ash is a fun and spunky heroine. She’s fiercely independent and doesn’t need a man. 

Braht and Ash have this love hate relationship. They are in competition at work (they’re both real estate agents) and Braht rubs Ash the wrong way sometimes. He also rubs her the right way sometimes….

The chemistry Ash and Braht had made the book! I loved their back and forth banter and the sexual tension between them. This book made me laugh out loud just like the first, but Ash had some things going on that made the book a little more serious and a tad bit suspenseful at times. Either way, it kept me guessing a bit.

Man Card is just as entertaining as Man Hands. It was an enjoyable story that was a lot of fun to read!!! 

Excerpt: 

Name your other favorite movies,” I challenge Braht.
All of them?” He chugs his margarita.
Hmm. Top ten? Top five?”
That’s totally easy,” he says. Somehow I’ve gotten closer to him on the floor. When he sits back, I actually snuggle in beside him. He’s wearing a ridiculously soft shirt that feels good against my skin. And I watch with fascination as he ticks off the names of films on his fingers. When Harry Met Sally. The Devil Wears Prada. Roman Holiday. Clueless. And Working Girl.”
I burst out laughing. I can’t help it. Those are all chick flicks. You should just hand over your man card right now.”
Not a chance.” Braht’s expression grows intense. In the first place, I gave you a very thorough demonstration of my man card last week. I don’t remember hearing any complaints.”
I swallow hard, because this is certainly true.
And secondly, you’re looking at this all backward.”
I…am?” And why can’t I look away? He has the most beautiful, intelligent eyes.
Yeah, you are,” he whispers. It’s the guy who has a firm grip on his man card that can hold your purse. He’s not afraid to be seen with that Tory Burch you like to carry—nice color, by the way. He’ll free up your hands because he likes your hands, and he remembers all the terrific things you can use them for.”
Oh,” I say slowly. Now my fingers itch to reach out for him. I have to make fists with both hands so I won’t do it.
Furthermore, he’s not afraid to quote Working Girl. Because Joan Cusack is a genius. And who wouldn’t want to say Melanie Griffith’s best line out loud?”
I can’t help saying it with him, and together we sound like the world’s horniest Greek chorus: I have a head for business and a body for sin.” 
Sin sounds pretty good right now, actually. But Braht’s not done with his speech. Any man who tells you that chick flicks are for pussies can’t be any good in bed. Because that man does not speak the language of women. He doesn’t know that a little luxury can erase a shitty day of worrying about your ex…”
Braht takes my hand in his and begins to massage it. He has a great technique, applying gentle pressure between each joint. I relax just a little bit more against him.
“…That man doesn’t speak the language because he’s afraid of sounding like a girl. But fuck that noise, honey bear. If a man doesn’t have the vocabulary to describe a satin teddy with peekaboo lace and mother-of-pearl snaps at the crotch, he can’t buy it for you and then strategically ask you to wear it. He can’t plan ahead to blow your mind sometime by lifting your skirt somewhere semi-public and dangerous. And he can’t get down on his knees and kiss that lace and then pop open those snaps while you bite your own hand to keep from screaming when you climax.” Braht takes a deep breath and lets it out in one hot gust. Fuck. What was the point of this speech?”
“Um…” My voice is hoarse, and my face is suddenly very hot. Let’s not even mention my nipples. Man cards, I think.” But I’m not sure, because everything tingles. 
Right,” he says with a sigh. Still got mine. Shall we watch Working Girl next?”
Okay,” I breathe, sinking a little further into his comforting embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon